Thursday, January 26, 2012

Captive Black Core Choker - $55

I am extremely excited to have this piece done.

This was an extremely fun piece to make, and a huge joy to try on.

It feels SO amazing around the neck, moves like liquid with your every movement.

The core is a black cotton woven core.

The rings are 18 gauge bright aluminum.

I considered wanting to use a leather core - but upon further thought - I decided on cotton.

Why?

Cotton washes easily - ie: you can wear it in the shower with no worries.  Leather can eventually shrink and crack.  Woven cotton is "loser", whereas a leather core would be quite stiff.

I am not against using the leather core - but until I can happily find a suitable leather core - I will keep up with the cotton core.

This particular piece measures around 19", but can be shortened or lengthened as with all of my pieces.  It is a bit over a quarter inch in thickness and closes with a toggle clasp.  As usual, different clasp options are available, just browse to the "ordering" section to find out more.


No comments:

Post a Comment